A smoother, lighter version of Brooks' iconic trail shoe.
New midsole and outsole construction lets the shoe mold easily to the ground, improving the stable ride.
- More release grooves in the midsole promote extra adaptability on rough terrain.
- TrailTack rubber outsole provides wet/dry traction
Updated Ballistic Rock Shield protects against pebbles and debris while also adapting more easily to uneven terrain.
- Ballistic Rock Shield now includes vertical grooves to provide side-to-side adaptability.
- Gaiter tab on heels secures gaiter for extra protection on the trail.
The new DNA LOFT v2 midsole makes the Cascadia 16 cushioning 5% softer and 20% lighter than the Cascadia 15.
- DNA LOFT v2 midsole is super soft yet durable.
- Extra 2mm of cushioning adds softness.
- Drainage ports allow water to escape quickly so nothing weighs you down.
|Weight (g)||269 grams (US 8)|
|Drop (mm)||8 mm|
|Stack Height (mm)||-|
|Upper Material||Mesh, Cordura Mud Guard|
|Midsole||DNA Loft V2
|Outsole||TrailTack Sticky Traction
|Size Recommendation||True to size|
|Width Recommendation||Medium width overall, a fair bit wider than previous generations|
|The Bottom Line||
A big update on a classic shoe
Do-it-all shoe with ample protection
A really nice surprise coming from Brooks